Monday, December 30, 2013

What I Wish. Do You Wish?

I'm currently very cranky. So here's my cranky thought.

I wish I could just have a meeting once a month at my house.

Just for friends that wanted to do what I'd like to do, but don't like doing by myself.

Let's see.

A reading group. I used to have a really great one back in Minneapolis with friends who knew how to get into a book and talk it through with intelligence and wit.

A singing group. For people who really miss reading music off a PAGE rather than the overhead screen at church. For people who love harmony, printed notes, and some good early music polyphony.

A group of friends who could sit around and watch a really bad movie and make fun of it. Or just watch an installment of Mystery Science Theater 3000 together and laugh at it. I used to watch the Miss America pageant every year with some friends back in high school, and rag on all the talent and swimsuit competitions. Great times.

A hiking group. Gather at my place, drive to a not-too-far away place, and hike for a couple hours. Then sit around and drink coffee and soak sore feet at my house afterwards.

A lawn-care group. Everyone can come to my house and mow, trim, weed-whack, and edge while I sit and watch them. (I guess I could hire this out...)

A word-game group. Only word games allowed--no card games, adventure games, games involving any bidding, role-playing, etc. Just word games like Scrabble, Catch Phrase, Guesstures, Charades, etc. And I get to make up words.

A gripe-group. We could sit around and gripe for an hour about life in general, then break out cheesecake, because that makes everything better.

What's your wish?




2 comments:

wham said...

That I would have appreciated all those things a long time ago when they were the norm... Oh how I miss sitting at the piano singing with you :-)

Unknown said...

I'm in for the book club and word game group.

You're on your own for the gardening group.